Humorlessly Apologetic.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homecoming?

So is anyone else super excited for Homecoming?

I just realized that it is less than a month away. It's weird to think that this will be the last one I go to. I can't wait, but at the same time I don't want it to come. The quicker it comes, the quicker it goes.

Sorry, guys, but I will not be dancing at Homecoming. Who goes to a dance to dance? I'm way too cool for that, right? Actually, to be quite honest, dancing makes me feel like a fool. I mean, I look in on the crowd of people "dancing" and cringe. I wish dancing was like it used to be in the old days. Good clean fun. Standing outside of the group all I see is a lot of inappropriate grinding and.. bouncing I guess. This seems to be what our generation views as dancing. Why couldn't I have been born in the '20s? Dances then would have been fun. I could do that. I'm no good at the so-called dancing of today. This is not because I am not capable of dancing. I have really good rhythm and coordination. Unfortunately, today's dancing doesn't really require these. I think to dance at one of our dances you kind of have to have no shame; to not care at all that what you're doing in public would make your grandmother faint.

Sometimes I don't think I was meant to be born in this generation. I really want to enjoy dances and have fun. For me the time before the dance is the most fun. I love dress and shoe shopping. I love getting my hair done and doing my face up. Dressing up is the bomb. I swear I came out of the womb in a dress and high heels.

Welp, just to make this relevant.....

sorry.


My apologies,
Kirstyn B. Showalter

4 comments:

  1. You need to listen to Ke$ha's new single. It's called 'We R Who We R' and it's crazy awesome and catchy and gets really stuck in your head. But it's talking about basically going out and having fun and not caring what people think. She says "we're dancing like we're dumb" and it just cracks me up. And everything you say today seems to remind me of that song. Bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lauren...it's more like "We're duncing like we're dumb umb umb umb umb dumb." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait for homecoming, I don't see nothing wrong with some grind-age lol :p

    ReplyDelete