Humorlessly Apologetic.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

STOP APOLOGIZING.

Hey, you. With the face. Stop saying sorry already. It's getting really old.

Some people apologize for all the wrong reasons. To me, an apology is a promise. If you say sorry and you really truly mean it, then you will do everything in your power not to let the incident of which you are apologizing for happen again. This means TRYING. You can't apologize for not doing your homework, then not even attempt to do it the next day. You can't apologize for a bad habit and not make an effort to stop it. If you honestly feel bad about something, then you will try to stop doing it. If you don't feel bad, then don't apologize. The concept is really not that hard. I'm sick of unfulfilled apologies. To me these are empty promises. I'd rather hear the truth: that you don't care how I feel, that you like what you're doing. Don't feed me some bull about being sorry when you don't give a shit. (I really am sorry about that one Ms. Fultz. I'm getting worked up.)

So to all of you lazy and tell-them-what-they-want-to-hear people, do me a favor and stop apologizing!

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't apologize in the first place....sooo...I'm good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No apology necessary. Never apologize for what you need to say. I like your take on apologies as promises. I've never looked at it that way before. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete