Humorlessly Apologetic.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanklessgiving

Thanksgiving is definitely not my favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my family and all of that shizz. I just don't like all the preparations that go along with it. Yesterday we had my mom's side of the family here at our house. I was lucky enough to be at a scholastic bowl tournament for the majority of the day and thus missed out on all of the "fun" of cleaning and cooking. Oh, but my family was generous enough not to hog all of the "fun" to themselves. They made sure there was a little bit left for me to do when I got home. Yay.

Not to sound like a typical teenager, but there are so many things I could have been doing instead. But, no. I had to sit at my house and listen to all of my uncles yell and make dumb jokes. I did end up having some fun. Still, though, I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to hang out with my friends. *sigh*

Tonight is the same. I'm going to my father's  mother's house for their Thanksgiving dinner. Even though it's at night so in my mind it's technically supper. I have homework and stuff I need to get done, but instead all day I've had to help cook and clean up the remnants of last night. So now we're leaving in probably twenty-ish minutes and I've accomplished nothing.

I know what some of you are going to say. You're going to tell me that Thanksgiving is all about showing people that we are thankful for them and family time et cetera. Well to me it's just a nuisance; some un-needed opening act for Christmas (which is on the top of my awesome holiday list). So sorrrrrrrrry for my lack of ooey gooey-ness towards my family.

My apologies,
Kirstyn B. Showalter

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about the whole "fun" cleaning thing. It always seems to be worse to clean the house around the holidays because everything has to be PERFECT or someone spazzes about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's definitely a precursor to Christmas. I feel like it's redundant. It bothers me when families make the same exact meals for both feasts. I'm like, come on, can't we have lasagna or something. But yes, I'm grateful. But sometimes "Friendsgiving" makes more sense than super extra mega family time.

    ReplyDelete